Home > Products > Aluminium Conductors
Located at Rakholi & Athola, Silvassa ( D.N.H ) and Umbergaon ( Gujarat ), APAR is one of the largest producers of Aluminium Conductors in the world.
APAR’s competence is derived from five decades of experience and insight into the product industry, manifested in an ability to presage product developments, evolution of customer needs, insights into technologies, global shift in supply, consumption of customer growth plans, forming a significant body of intellectual capital and a formidable competitive barrier.
Aluminium alloy rod and conductors were developed first in India by Apar through its own R&D initiatives. Factors that enabled Apar to emerge as the lowest – cost producer of aluminium conductors in the world include increase in the installed capacity, strategic location of manufacturing facilities in favorable geographies, tax jurisdictions, backward integration and increased productivity. Apar’s backward integration enables it to make complete range of aluminium conductors by altering chemical properties at the alloying stage and tailoring products to match customer needs.
Apar manufactures a full range of POWERLINE brand:
Aluminium Wire Rods for various aplications:
- EC Grade Aluminium Wire Rods,
- Aluminium Alloy Wire Rods (6201Alloy Rod in T-4 & M temper- online solutionzed)
- MechanicalGrade Alloy Wire Bundles (T - 81temper)
ACSR / AACSR / ACAR / AAA/ACSR-AW Conductors for Overhead Power Transmission & Distribution:
- AAC (All Aluminium Conductors),
- ACSR (Aluminium Conductor SteelReinforced),
- ACSR/AW (Aluminium Conductor Aluminium Clad SteelReinforced),
- AACSR (Aluminium Alloy Conductor SteelReinforced),
- AACSR/AW (Aluminium Alloy Conductor Clad SteelReinforced)
- AAAC (All Aluminium Alloy Conductors),
- ACAR (Aluminium Conductor Alloy Reinforced)
New generation Alloy conductors for Overhead Power Transmission & Distribution:
High Conductivity Alloy Conductors (AL 59, AL-57, AAAC 1120 etc.)
High Temperature Thermal Resistant Alloy conductors (TACSR, TACSR / AW, STACIR / AW, TACSR / TW etc.)
High Temperature Low Sag conductors (ACSS, ACSS / TW, GTACSR / GZTACSR, ACCC, etc.)
Over the years Apar has strengthened its product mix through a shift from AAC and ACSR to value added alloy based conductors. These high temperature conductors are capable of carrying up to 100 % additional power load compared with the other varieties which can substitute creation of parallel transmission lines in land- starved pockets, saving sizable capital investments.
Being the largest exporter of aluminium conductors from India, Apar has earned superior brand recognition and approval status among customers and utilities in India and other developing economies. It is recognized as a registered export house by the Indian Ministry of Commerce, We are the winner of Star & Best Performer Award for last three consecutive years from EEPC INDIA., We have presence in more than 100 countries including US, European countries, African countries, CIS Countries etc.
Apar enjoys the reputation of being a reliable long-term supplier in a market marked by fluctuating raw material availability and cost spikes. It supplies to all the top turnkey operators in the world and also to all the leading utilities in Asia and Africa.
Admitted as a member of the standardizing committee formed by the Bureau of Indian Standards, Government of India for preparing National Standards ( ISI ) for the transmission & distribution conductors up to 800 KVA and the standardizing committee formed by the Rural Electrification Company Ltd., Government of India. Nominated many a times to represent India as a national delegate in the Technical Committee of IEC in New Delhi and Kyoto.
Conducted independent type tests successfully at internationally approved testing laboratories in NETFA -South Africa, CESI - Italy, EDF - France, ERDA - Vadodara, India, NSIC - Kolkatta, India, CPRI -Bangaluru, India and Tag Corporation - Chennai, India for conductors of 500 kV HVDC & 800 kV AC transmission system and also for distribution conductors of Metropolitan Electricity Authority, Bangkok.
Some achievements of the Conductors Division
- First Indigenous Conductor Manufacturing Company to introduce online solution Treatment for continuous casting & rolling of Al Mg Si Alloy.
- First Indigenous Conductor Manufacturing Company to introduce Pre-formed Armored Rod. We are the largest producer & exporter of PA rod from India.
- Apar is the largest producer of AL-59 type special alloy conductor from India.
- High Temperature Conductor (HTC): First Indigenous Conductor manufacturing Company who developed & successfully supplied Thermal Alloy Conductor in India as well as Abroad. (TAL-AT1 as per IEC 62004)
- High Temperature Low Sag (HTLS) Conductors: First Indigenous Conductor Manufacturing Company who successfully supplied GAP type Thermal Alloy Conductor.
- We are the only Indian Conductor Company who got approval from POWERGRID for Invar Type Thermal Conductor (HTLS) in the year 2009-2010 and for GAP Type conductor (HTLS) in the year 2010 – 2011.
- Apar has license for manufacturing ACCC ® type of conductors from CTC Global Corporation, USA.